BJP demands proper govt response to allegations of Army Chief
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded a "proper response" from the government to serious allegations levelled by outgoing Army Chief Gen VK Singh about decision making and functioning of the armed forces.
"General VK Singh has raised certain critical issues about the functioning and decision making of the Ministry of Defense particularly in relation to Army. He has levelled very serious allegations about supply and purchase in the armed forces," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
In a series of interviews to TV channels, Gen Singh has alleged there have been serious anomalies in supply and purchase in the armed forces.
"Army is a very important institution of the country and the BJP would like a proper response from the government which owes a duty to the nation to explain and assure that the country`s defence preparedness is safe and that no attempt is being made to save anyone," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal