BJP demands proper govt response to allegations of Army Chief
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded a "proper response" from the government to serious allegations levelled by outgoing Army Chief Gen VK Singh about decision making and functioning of the armed forces.
"General VK Singh has raised certain critical issues about the functioning and decision making of the Ministry of Defense particularly in relation to Army. He has levelled very serious allegations about supply and purchase in the armed forces," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
In a series of interviews to TV channels, Gen Singh has alleged there have been serious anomalies in supply and purchase in the armed forces.
"Army is a very important institution of the country and the BJP would like a proper response from the government which owes a duty to the nation to explain and assure that the country`s defence preparedness is safe and that no attempt is being made to save anyone," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates