BJP demands proper govt response to allegations of Army Chief
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded a "proper response" from the government to serious allegations levelled by outgoing Army Chief Gen VK Singh about decision making and functioning of the armed forces.
"General VK Singh has raised certain critical issues about the functioning and decision making of the Ministry of Defense particularly in relation to Army. He has levelled very serious allegations about supply and purchase in the armed forces," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
In a series of interviews to TV channels, Gen Singh has alleged there have been serious anomalies in supply and purchase in the armed forces.
"Army is a very important institution of the country and the BJP would like a proper response from the government which owes a duty to the nation to explain and assure that the country`s defence preparedness is safe and that no attempt is being made to save anyone," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you