BJP demands proper govt response to allegations of Army Chief
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday demanded a "proper response" from the government to serious allegations levelled by outgoing Army Chief Gen VK Singh about decision making and functioning of the armed forces.
"General VK Singh has raised certain critical issues about the functioning and decision making of the Ministry of Defense particularly in relation to Army. He has levelled very serious allegations about supply and purchase in the armed forces," BJP Chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
In a series of interviews to TV channels, Gen Singh has alleged there have been serious anomalies in supply and purchase in the armed forces.
"Army is a very important institution of the country and the BJP would like a proper response from the government which owes a duty to the nation to explain and assure that the country`s defence preparedness is safe and that no attempt is being made to save anyone," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back