BJP demands prosecution of those indicted by Shunglu committee
New Delhi: BJP Thursday demanded CBI probe
into specific cases of wrongdoings and prosecution of all those held responsible by PM-appointed Shunglu Committee for irregularities in the CWG projects implemented by the Delhi Government.
The party today submitted a complaint letter to the
CBI here, listing major irregularities pointed out by the
Shunglu Committee and demanding action against all those
allegedly involved in the alleged irregularities, including
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Seeking CBI probe into all specific cases of
irregularities, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta in the letter
alleged that senior officials as well as Dikshit and some of
her ministerial colleagues were found to have been involved in
In the letter addressed to the CBI director, the party
alleged that a nexus of politicians, contractors, engineers
and official was at work to siphon off public money in the
name of preparation for the Commonwealth Games.
Quoting from the Shunglu Committee report, the party
alleged bungling in various projects, including street
lighting project, Barapullah Nallah elevated road project,
street scraping and Ring Road bypass project.
"We request the CBI to take proper sanctions to
prosecute all those who may be involved in the illegal acts,
including the Chief Minister," the letter said.
Besides holding various agencies responsible for
"irregularities", the Shunglu panel has also found procedural
violations by Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna and
Dikshit for alleged inadequacies in executing certain CWG
The city government had rejected the Shunglu committee
report, terming it as a "product of paranoia" which is "full
of contradictions" and "anomalies".
In its brief report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
in response to the findings of the Shunglu Committee, the city
government last month had rejected almost all the findings of
the panel and instead accused it of deliberately choosing to
adopt a logic of "convenience" in finding corruption in every
policy and every tender of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre