BJP demands public apology from Cong, Nirupam over Irani issue
Jammu: Announcing boycott from attending news channel debates in which Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam participates, BJP Saturday called for a public apology from the leader and the party.
"The comment made by Nirupam on Smriti Irani is unacceptable, unparliamentary and shameful-- to make such a comment on a female leave aside her being a MP, BJP has decided to boycott from attending news channel debates in which Nirupam participates," national spokesperson of BJP, Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"Congress party and Sanjay Nirupam should publicly apologies for his comments-- we will not tolerate indecent persons of Congress," he said.
"The fact is that they have lost Gujarat and Irani is MP from Gujarat-- the spectacular victory which BJP made in Gujarat in the command of Narendra Modi is not still being accepted by the people like Sanjay Nirupam, who is settling scores with the female representative on a TV channel," Rudy said.
Sanjay Nirupam reportedly used defamatory and indecent language against BJP MP Smriti Irani during a TV debate when the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh election results were pouring in on December 20.
Meanwhile, Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary termed the whole incident as "regreattable" and said this mindset cannot be accepted.
"This is very regrettable. To say such a thing is unfortunate. It is this mindset, which we have to fight," Chowdhary said in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!