BJP demands sacking of Buta Singh over bribery case
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Friday demanded the Centre should sack the Chairman of National Commission for SC/ST, Buta Singh accusing him of indulging in "open corruption" after his son was arrested for allegedly demanding a bribe to close a case being probed by his father.
Sarobjit Singh alias Sweety was yesterday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau of CBI in New Delhi along with three other accomplices for allegedly demanding bribe from Nashik-based contractor Ramrao Patil.
"Buta Singh has given a notice to take action against Patil and has accepted bribe to compromise the case. It is a case of open corruption and we demand that Mr Buta Singh should be removed from his post," Munde told reporters here.
Munde also accused Congress-led government in Maharashtra of not seriously looking into the problems being faced by the Dalit and tribal communities in the state.
"The government in not looking into the Dalit and tribal problems and there is much corruption in all the schemes meant for these communities," Munde alleged.
The contractor, who had allegedly taken a loan of around Rs 10 crore from a co-operative society on behalf of over 100 people from the Dalit community, is facing a case under the SC/ST Act and it was being probed by the commission.
Sweety allegedly demanded Rs one crore from Patil to close the case against him with the help of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued