BJP demands sacking of Buta Singh over bribery case
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Friday demanded the Centre should sack the Chairman of National Commission for SC/ST, Buta Singh accusing him of indulging in "open corruption" after his son was arrested for allegedly demanding a bribe to close a case being probed by his father.
Sarobjit Singh alias Sweety was yesterday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau of CBI in New Delhi along with three other accomplices for allegedly demanding bribe from Nashik-based contractor Ramrao Patil.
"Buta Singh has given a notice to take action against Patil and has accepted bribe to compromise the case. It is a case of open corruption and we demand that Mr Buta Singh should be removed from his post," Munde told reporters here.
Munde also accused Congress-led government in Maharashtra of not seriously looking into the problems being faced by the Dalit and tribal communities in the state.
"The government in not looking into the Dalit and tribal problems and there is much corruption in all the schemes meant for these communities," Munde alleged.
The contractor, who had allegedly taken a loan of around Rs 10 crore from a co-operative society on behalf of over 100 people from the Dalit community, is facing a case under the SC/ST Act and it was being probed by the commission.
Sweety allegedly demanded Rs one crore from Patil to close the case against him with the help of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp