BJP demands sacking of Buta Singh over bribery case
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Friday demanded the Centre should sack the Chairman of National Commission for SC/ST, Buta Singh accusing him of indulging in "open corruption" after his son was arrested for allegedly demanding a bribe to close a case being probed by his father.
Sarobjit Singh alias Sweety was yesterday arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau of CBI in New Delhi along with three other accomplices for allegedly demanding bribe from Nashik-based contractor Ramrao Patil.
"Buta Singh has given a notice to take action against Patil and has accepted bribe to compromise the case. It is a case of open corruption and we demand that Mr Buta Singh should be removed from his post," Munde told reporters here.
Munde also accused Congress-led government in Maharashtra of not seriously looking into the problems being faced by the Dalit and tribal communities in the state.
"The government in not looking into the Dalit and tribal problems and there is much corruption in all the schemes meant for these communities," Munde alleged.
The contractor, who had allegedly taken a loan of around Rs 10 crore from a co-operative society on behalf of over 100 people from the Dalit community, is facing a case under the SC/ST Act and it was being probed by the commission.
Sweety allegedly demanded Rs one crore from Patil to close the case against him with the help of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi