BJP demands scaling down of diplomatic relations with Pakistan
Jaipur: BJP on Friday condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution on hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded that diplomatic relations with Islamabad should be scaled down along with suspension of confidence building measures.
"Pakistan has crossed all limits by passing a resolution in its parliament on hanging of Afzal Guru. Pakistan has no right to interfere in the internal issues of India and the government of India should register its strong protest with Pakistan as well as in international community," BJP president Rajnath Singh said here.
He also said that the government should take initiative to pass a resolution in the Parliament to condemn the move of Pakistan government.
"PM should initiate in the matter and call back our High Commissioner from Pakistan. Diplomatic relations should be scaled down and confidence building measures should be suspended. The government should also pass a resolution against the move of Pakistan," he said.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Speaking at a press conference here, Rajnath alleged that all terror activities in India were Pakistan sponsored and slammed the government over the issue.
"Pakistan`s army brutally killed our two soldiers at LOC and took away one head. It was a very serious matter but the government is not showing firm commitment. It has no action plan to fight the menace. BJP stands by the government over the issue of terrorism and against the attitude of Pakistan," he said.
"It is high time the government took a firm decision and action. We need to strengthen and modernise our forces so that none can think of attack on us. The government should seriously think what challenges will be before India after the NATO forces leaves Afghanistan in 2014," he said.
He also demanded a rehabilitation policy for refugees and review of foreign policy.
Rajnath Singh said that the government should also take into account Pakistan`s friendship with China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up