BJP demands scaling down of diplomatic relations with Pakistan
Jaipur: BJP on Friday condemned Pakistan Parliament`s resolution on hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded that diplomatic relations with Islamabad should be scaled down along with suspension of confidence building measures.
"Pakistan has crossed all limits by passing a resolution in its parliament on hanging of Afzal Guru. Pakistan has no right to interfere in the internal issues of India and the government of India should register its strong protest with Pakistan as well as in international community," BJP president Rajnath Singh said here.
He also said that the government should take initiative to pass a resolution in the Parliament to condemn the move of Pakistan government.
"PM should initiate in the matter and call back our High Commissioner from Pakistan. Diplomatic relations should be scaled down and confidence building measures should be suspended. The government should also pass a resolution against the move of Pakistan," he said.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Speaking at a press conference here, Rajnath alleged that all terror activities in India were Pakistan sponsored and slammed the government over the issue.
"Pakistan`s army brutally killed our two soldiers at LOC and took away one head. It was a very serious matter but the government is not showing firm commitment. It has no action plan to fight the menace. BJP stands by the government over the issue of terrorism and against the attitude of Pakistan," he said.
"It is high time the government took a firm decision and action. We need to strengthen and modernise our forces so that none can think of attack on us. The government should seriously think what challenges will be before India after the NATO forces leaves Afghanistan in 2014," he said.
He also demanded a rehabilitation policy for refugees and review of foreign policy.
Rajnath Singh said that the government should also take into account Pakistan`s friendship with China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!