BJP demands Sheila Dikshit`s resignation
Guwahati: Demanding Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit`s resignation after her reported indictment in
the CAG report on Commonwealth Games scam, BJP president Nitin
Gadkari on Saturday accused the Congress of "maintaining double
standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
"In Karnataka when the Lokayukta in his report (on
illegal mining) indicted Yeddyurappa, the Congress demanded
his resignation despite us asking him to resign," Gadkari told
But when Sheila Dikshit has been directly held
responsible by the CAG in the CWG scam, the Congress has gone
on the overdrive to save her, Gadkari alleged.
"CAG is a statutory authority. When in its report it
makes one responsible for irregularities, then that person
should resign forthwith," he said.
"The BJP demands that Dikshit should resign immediately.
She has no right to continue as the chief minister when the
CAG has raised the issues regarding irregularities in award of
contracts, supply of inferior equipment, delay in awarding
contracts leading to escalation of expenditure," he asserted.
"The BJP is asking the Congress to leave their politics
of double standard and instead ask Sheila to resign when they
(Congress) claim to be against corruption," Gadkari demanded.
On being pointed out that Sheila Dikshit had not yet
reacted to the CAG report, the BJP chief retorted, "because
she has no reply she has not responded".
Referring to the arrest of CWG Organising Committee
chairman Suresh Kalmadi for irregularities in the Games
project, the BJP supremo questioned why no action was taken
against Dikshit when "the Delhi government had spent Rs 20,000
crore for the CWG and Kalmadi spent only Rs 12,000 crore. She
has been held responsible for spending the money".
The Delhi government had yesterday asserted that it has
done "no wrong" and said that it would give its response to
the charges when the report goes to the Public Accounts
Committee of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui