BJP demands SIT probe in Maharashtra irrigation scam
Pune: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday alleged that administrative work in the government had come to "standstill" as a result of internal bickering between Congress and NCP and demanded a SIT probe into the alleged irrigation scam.
"Corruption and infighting between the two coalition partners - Congress and NCP - has affected decision making process, bringing the state administration to a standstill," BJP state unit president Sudhir Mungantiwar told reporters here.
Mungantiwar demanded a SIT (special investigation team) probe in the alleged irregularities in irrigation projects under direct supervision of the High Court to book the "real culprits".
"Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take people into confidence and outline terms of reference of the proposed white paper on the state irrigation projects. The inquiry should not only cover departmental officials but also the corrupt leaders. The white paper should not become a white lie," the BJP leader said.
If the state government failed to bring out a proper white paper on the irrigation scams, BJP would further intensify its agitation on the issue, he said.
Replying to a question, Mungantiwar defended the?sharing of the dais by senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde with city Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi at the recently held Ganesh festival.
"Munde attended the felicitation function because he was invited. He had aggressively criticised Kalmadi in Parliament (for CWG scam). There is no need to interpret the incident in a different way," he said.
Mungantiwar also announced a month-long campaign starting today by the state BJP to mobilise people against "corrupt Congress government" to save the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'