BJP demands SIT probe in Maharashtra irrigation scam
Pune: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday alleged that administrative work in the government had come to "standstill" as a result of internal bickering between Congress and NCP and demanded a SIT probe into the alleged irrigation scam.
"Corruption and infighting between the two coalition partners - Congress and NCP - has affected decision making process, bringing the state administration to a standstill," BJP state unit president Sudhir Mungantiwar told reporters here.
Mungantiwar demanded a SIT (special investigation team) probe in the alleged irregularities in irrigation projects under direct supervision of the High Court to book the "real culprits".
"Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take people into confidence and outline terms of reference of the proposed white paper on the state irrigation projects. The inquiry should not only cover departmental officials but also the corrupt leaders. The white paper should not become a white lie," the BJP leader said.
If the state government failed to bring out a proper white paper on the irrigation scams, BJP would further intensify its agitation on the issue, he said.
Replying to a question, Mungantiwar defended the?sharing of the dais by senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde with city Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi at the recently held Ganesh festival.
"Munde attended the felicitation function because he was invited. He had aggressively criticised Kalmadi in Parliament (for CWG scam). There is no need to interpret the incident in a different way," he said.
Mungantiwar also announced a month-long campaign starting today by the state BJP to mobilise people against "corrupt Congress government" to save the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report