BJP demands SIT probe in Maharashtra irrigation scam
Pune: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday alleged that administrative work in the government had come to "standstill" as a result of internal bickering between Congress and NCP and demanded a SIT probe into the alleged irrigation scam.
"Corruption and infighting between the two coalition partners - Congress and NCP - has affected decision making process, bringing the state administration to a standstill," BJP state unit president Sudhir Mungantiwar told reporters here.
Mungantiwar demanded a SIT (special investigation team) probe in the alleged irregularities in irrigation projects under direct supervision of the High Court to book the "real culprits".
"Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan should take people into confidence and outline terms of reference of the proposed white paper on the state irrigation projects. The inquiry should not only cover departmental officials but also the corrupt leaders. The white paper should not become a white lie," the BJP leader said.
If the state government failed to bring out a proper white paper on the irrigation scams, BJP would further intensify its agitation on the issue, he said.
Replying to a question, Mungantiwar defended the?sharing of the dais by senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde with city Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi at the recently held Ganesh festival.
"Munde attended the felicitation function because he was invited. He had aggressively criticised Kalmadi in Parliament (for CWG scam). There is no need to interpret the incident in a different way," he said.
Mungantiwar also announced a month-long campaign starting today by the state BJP to mobilise people against "corrupt Congress government" to save the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured