BJP demands to know about spending of Mamata`s Singapore trip
Kolkata: West Bengal BJP President Rahul Sinha today demanded that the details of expenditure incurred on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s ongoing Singapore visit be made public.
"We demand an answer to the spending on the Singapore trip. As it was undertaken on public money, the state has to answer what is the outcome of the visit and how much money was spent. And if it is a sponsored trip, then who sponsored it and why," Sinha told reporters.
Banerjee is on her first foreign visit to Singapore after assuming office in 2011, with an agenda to attract investment for the state.
The chief minister is accompanied by Finance Minister Amit Mitra, Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, actor-turned-party MP, Dev, and a group of industrialists.
"If after coming back, the state government and the chief minister don`t answer our queries, we will file an RTI to seek the answers," Sinha said.
Sinha had earlier mocked the visit as a "holiday trip" which would not bear any fruitful result.
He also said the party would announce within a day or two its candidates for the September 13 bypoll for two Assembly constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?