BJP demands white paper on black money
Lucknow: Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Thursday asked the government to declare black money
stashed in foreign banks as national wealth and demanded a
white paper on the Centre`s action plan to retrieve it.
Black money worth around Rs 25 lakh crore are stashed
in foreign banks and this belongs to the people of the
country and should be brought back, Singh said addressing a
meeting to mark the party`s four-day campaign against
corruption and black money.
Targeting the UPA government, he said if the people of
the state were poor even after 63 years of Independence, the
party which had been at the helm for the longest period has to
The former BJP president demanded that the money
stashed in foreign banks be declared national wealth and the
government issue a white paper on its action plan to bring it
Stressing that his party would not compromise on the
issue of corruption , Singh alleged of a tacit understanding
between Congress, BSP and Samajwadi Party on this issue.
He also lashed out at the Mayawati government for
"rampant corruption" and rise in cases of crime against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble