BJP demands white paper on black money
Lucknow: Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Thursday asked the government to declare black money
stashed in foreign banks as national wealth and demanded a
white paper on the Centre`s action plan to retrieve it.
Black money worth around Rs 25 lakh crore are stashed
in foreign banks and this belongs to the people of the
country and should be brought back, Singh said addressing a
meeting to mark the party`s four-day campaign against
corruption and black money.
Targeting the UPA government, he said if the people of
the state were poor even after 63 years of Independence, the
party which had been at the helm for the longest period has to
The former BJP president demanded that the money
stashed in foreign banks be declared national wealth and the
government issue a white paper on its action plan to bring it
Stressing that his party would not compromise on the
issue of corruption , Singh alleged of a tacit understanding
between Congress, BSP and Samajwadi Party on this issue.
He also lashed out at the Mayawati government for
"rampant corruption" and rise in cases of crime against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees