BJP demands white paper on black money
Lucknow: Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Thursday asked the government to declare black money
stashed in foreign banks as national wealth and demanded a
white paper on the Centre`s action plan to retrieve it.
Black money worth around Rs 25 lakh crore are stashed
in foreign banks and this belongs to the people of the
country and should be brought back, Singh said addressing a
meeting to mark the party`s four-day campaign against
corruption and black money.
Targeting the UPA government, he said if the people of
the state were poor even after 63 years of Independence, the
party which had been at the helm for the longest period has to
The former BJP president demanded that the money
stashed in foreign banks be declared national wealth and the
government issue a white paper on its action plan to bring it
Stressing that his party would not compromise on the
issue of corruption , Singh alleged of a tacit understanding
between Congress, BSP and Samajwadi Party on this issue.
He also lashed out at the Mayawati government for
"rampant corruption" and rise in cases of crime against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'