BJP demands White Paper on blackmoney
Bhubaneswar: Accusing UPA government of being "selective and evasive" on corruption, BJP on Monday demanded a White Paper on blackmoney detailing the Centre`s action plan for asset recovery from abroad and a special
session of Parliament to discuss the issue.
"BJP wants Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to share the details of his government`s action plan for asset recovery from foreign countries through a White Paper on black money," senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
If the government is serious in its intent and commitment it should convene a special session of Parliament soon after the Monsoon session to discuss and formulate a national policy against blackmoney and corruption which would
serve as a guideline, the former Union minister said.
Maintaining that yoga Guru Ramdev and social activist Anna Hazare have raised legitimate issues on corruption, the former BJP president said Congress-led UPA government` stance on black money seems to be selective and evasive.
On one hand the government seems to be hesitant in taking concrete action on blackmoney as it could embarrass the Congress, on the other hand it cracks down on followers of social activists like Ramdev who were peacefully demanding retrieval of black money, he said.
To a query, Singh claimed he was confident that no BJP leader has black money in foreign banks.
Describing corruption as a "systemic risk" to the country, he said without a firm will and an extensive action plan to bring back blackmoney the various committees formed by the government would be rendered meaningless.
Happy that Ramdev has ended his hunger strike, the BJP stalwart said his party would back the yoga Guru who should reach out to people to spread his message against corruption.
"Here is an unprecedented outrage and revulsion against the clandestine manner in which UPA government is dealing with issues of corruption and blackmoney", he said.
On allegations of unaccounted money against Ramdev, he said if the government suspects such a thing, it has the authority to probe the charge.
Singh clarified that overwhelming response to anti-corruption agitations by Anna Hazare and Ramdev was not due to failure of national opposition political parties in
raising the issue. "BJP has been raising the issue in all for a including Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead