BJP demands white paper on Chinese incursions
New Delhi: Accusing the UPA government of
following the "failed" Nehruvian policy on China, BJP on Tuesday
demanded a `White Paper` on frequent incursions by the Chinese
army into Indian territory and said efforts should be made to
stop the "psychological invasion" mounted by the neighbouring
"In 1962, we lost large tracts of land to China and the
bitterness of Nehru`s failed Sino-India diplomacy still looms
large over the nation...we fear that the present policies of
UPA on China are no different. We demand a white paper by the
Centre on Chinese incursions and efforts to stop it," BJP
spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said here.
Taking a dig at External Affairs Minister S M Krishna,
he said during his visit to China, he had been working as the
Commerce Minister asking Beijing to buy Indian mangoes.
"While he is doing the work of the Commerce Minister, who
would do the task of the External Affairs Minister by raising
the issue of incursions, stapled visas to Kashmiris and
infrastructure development by Chinese firms in PoK?" he said.
Rudy is part of a five-member BJP delegation headed by
former Uttrakhand Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshiyari which
will present a "White Paper" on Chinese incursions at the BJP
National Executive meet in the coming days. The delegation has
visited Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh and would soon visit
Sikkim and Uttarakhand.
"Thousands of kilometers of metalled roads on the Chinese
side marks a contrast to the abysmal infrastructure both in
terms of road communication and other basic logistical
facilities...the Army and ITBP positioned to man the outposts
in one of the most inhospitable terrains find their presence
and strength inadequate," Rudy said.
He claimed China has devised a "no conflict strategy"
using nomads and grazers to invade grazing grounds. "They
piggyback on them to enter Indian side. On the other hand, our
government does not allow our nomads into pastures in areas
where the international border is not marked...there is a
divergence of views on the actual international border," he
He said efforts should be mounted to end the
"psychological invasion" by China.
Demanding scrapping of the Inner Line Permit system,
he said the privacy imposed by Indian government prevented a
large number of tourists from entering frontier areas
bordering China. "This has impeded the awareness of common
Indian to the ground realities on China front," he said.
The BJP MP claimed the government has "ignored"
suggestions to open the Ladakh route to Mansarovar which
reduces the travel time to only two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy