BJP denies reports about Advani being kept out of decision-making
New Delhi/Kolkata: BJP was at pains on Monday to deny reports that senior leader L K Advani will not be part of the decision-making process in the organisation and party Chief Rajnath Singh termed such speculation as "hypothetical and baseless".
Talking to reporters in Kolkata, Singh sought to rubbish reports that Advani will have no role in the formation of his new team and confabulations on other issues.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader but also our guide (margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So, these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision-making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain denied the reports, saying "such reports are without any substance. They are baseless and not true. Nobody in the party has given any such statement."
The party also downplayed Advani`s comments that the people are "somewhat disillusioned" with the main opposition and maintained that the party will work on his suggestions.
"Advani is a senior leader of BJP. He pats our back when we achieve something but also points out our weaknesses and shortcomings. We will work on them," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place