BJP denies reports about Advani being kept out of decision-making
New Delhi/Kolkata: BJP was at pains on Monday to deny reports that senior leader L K Advani will not be part of the decision-making process in the organisation and party Chief Rajnath Singh termed such speculation as "hypothetical and baseless".
Talking to reporters in Kolkata, Singh sought to rubbish reports that Advani will have no role in the formation of his new team and confabulations on other issues.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader but also our guide (margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So, these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision-making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain denied the reports, saying "such reports are without any substance. They are baseless and not true. Nobody in the party has given any such statement."
The party also downplayed Advani`s comments that the people are "somewhat disillusioned" with the main opposition and maintained that the party will work on his suggestions.
"Advani is a senior leader of BJP. He pats our back when we achieve something but also points out our weaknesses and shortcomings. We will work on them," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest