BJP denies reports about Advani being kept out of decision-making
New Delhi/Kolkata: BJP was at pains on Monday to deny reports that senior leader L K Advani will not be part of the decision-making process in the organisation and party Chief Rajnath Singh termed such speculation as "hypothetical and baseless".
Talking to reporters in Kolkata, Singh sought to rubbish reports that Advani will have no role in the formation of his new team and confabulations on other issues.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader but also our guide (margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So, these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision-making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain denied the reports, saying "such reports are without any substance. They are baseless and not true. Nobody in the party has given any such statement."
The party also downplayed Advani`s comments that the people are "somewhat disillusioned" with the main opposition and maintained that the party will work on his suggestions.
"Advani is a senior leader of BJP. He pats our back when we achieve something but also points out our weaknesses and shortcomings. We will work on them," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues