BJP denies reports about Advani being kept out of decision-making
New Delhi/Kolkata: BJP was at pains on Monday to deny reports that senior leader L K Advani will not be part of the decision-making process in the organisation and party Chief Rajnath Singh termed such speculation as "hypothetical and baseless".
Talking to reporters in Kolkata, Singh sought to rubbish reports that Advani will have no role in the formation of his new team and confabulations on other issues.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader but also our guide (margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So, these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision-making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain denied the reports, saying "such reports are without any substance. They are baseless and not true. Nobody in the party has given any such statement."
The party also downplayed Advani`s comments that the people are "somewhat disillusioned" with the main opposition and maintained that the party will work on his suggestions.
"Advani is a senior leader of BJP. He pats our back when we achieve something but also points out our weaknesses and shortcomings. We will work on them," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands