BJP denies rift, defends Kushwaha’s induction
New Delhi: With unease within its ranks over induction of tainted former BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha into the party growing further, BJP on Friday defended the move, saying let the law take its own course.
Addressing a press conference here, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, “Those who are opposing the induction of Kushwaha, who is facing CBI inquiry in the Rs 2,000 crore NRHM scam, are doing this because they have vested political interest.”
Countering the claims that the entry of Kushwaha, who was once a close confident of Mayawati, will hit the party’s anti-corruption campaign, she said, “I must ask all of you not to jump to any conclusion. Let the case against him be probed thoroughly and let the court reach a definite conclusion about him.”
“Kushwaha has come as a whistleblower to the party and will expose the deeds of UP Chief Minister Mayawati, “ she added.
The BJP leader even assured that appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against him if any discrepancies are found against him in the later stages of the probe.
The BJP spokesperson also denied reports a rift within senior BJP leaders on the issue of Kushwaha’s
entry into the party. “I would like to reiterate that there is no rift, no dissent whatsoever over party high command’s decision to take Kushwaha into the party fold.”
When asked to react over reports that Uma Bharti has decided not to campaign for the party in the upcoming UP elections, she said, “These reports have no basis. There is no question of Uma Bhati ji not campaigning for the party. …She is not angry at all.”
“There is no connection between Uma Bharti’s election schedule and the Kushwaha episode, she added.
The BJP leader also took a dig at the Congress by saying that it should first look at the corruption allegations leveled against its UPA government.
She also blamed the Grand Old Party for blocking the Lokpal legislation and its double-speak over corruption.
The reactions from the main opposition party came amid reports that more and more BJP leaders were joining the chorus against the Kushwaha decision.
Maneka Gandhi, BJP MP from Aaonla in Uttar Pradesh, criticised the decision to induct Kushwaha a day after leaders like Yogi Adityanath and Kirti Azad openly criticized the move to bring into the party fold a man the party was targeting for involvement in the NRHM scam.
It was reported that Bharti is also miffed that her candidates are not being accommodated in ticket distribution. Other than Kushwaha, she is opposed to the induction of Bhadshah Singh who had
fallen out with her during the 2002 elections in UP.
Senior leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi have already opposed the decision.
With a growing number of leaders opposing Kushwaha`s induction, rumours were thick that the decision may be revoked. But sources close to party president Nitin Gadkari said he is likely to stick to his decision on the argument that Kushwaha will bring OBC votes to the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'