BJP derides PM`s remarks on Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Rahul Gandhi would be ideal for the top post saw the BJP holding the Congress Vice-President equally responsible for corruption and price rise while the ruling party said it is for him to decide.
"If the Prime Minister wants to work under Rahul Gandhi it is his concern. The bigger question is whether the country is ready to accept Rahul Gandhi as the PM. The recent surveys show the mood of the nation is that it wants change," Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He maintained that if Manmohan Singh is responsible for the problems facing the country- be it corruption, price rise or the roadblocks in development projects- then Sonia Gandhi and son Rahul are no less responsible for it.
"The rest is upto Manmohan Singh... But the country has decided what it wants," he said.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid endorsed the Prime Minister`s remarks and said as head of the government whatever he says is a direction for the ministers.
"If he says something clearly we will support that and walk on the way shown by him. We also know the desire of the workers and leaders in the party and our wish is to give shape to that desire and to fulfil it," he said.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla maintained that the decision should be left to Sonia Gandhi and Rahul.
"Not only Prime Minister Manmohan Singh but every Congress worker wants Rahul Gandhi to lead the nation. They want him to become the Prime Ministerial candidate. We all want it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India