BJP disapproves of Azam`s comment
Lucknow: Disapproving of UP minister Azam Khan`s claim that he was detained at a US airport as he was a Muslim, BJP on Monday said everyone going abroad is an Indian first and his religion comes later.
However, BJP spokesman Minakshi Lekhi condemned the Azam`s detention saying such incidents would continue to occur unless they were countered by united protests.
"I condemn the incident of misbehaviour with Khan. Such incidents against any Indian by any government should be protested", BJP spokesman Minakshi Lekhi told reporters here.
"Had all of us protested unitedly when US denied visa to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, this situation would not have arisen", she added.
About Khan`s claim that he was misbehaved as he was a Muslim, Lekhi said that she did not approve of the statement as everyone going abroad from India is an Indian first and his religion comes later.
She discarded the Khan`s statement that whatever happened against him was done on Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid`s behest.
Last week, Khan was detained for a brief while at the Boston Airport in US.
About Chinese incursion, rise in Haj fees by Saudi Arab and attack on Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan prison, Lekhi said that it could not be understood what was country`s foreign policy.
Claiming that Congress led UPA government not only failed in internal but external affairs too, Lekhi said only attack was not a solution but diplomatic policy and trade should be considered to deal with neighbouring countries.
On possibility of SP withdrawing support from UPA in the aftermath of Khan`s incident, Lekhi said she did not see any such possibility.
She reiterated that the Centre was misusing CBI to obtain the support of SP and BSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic