BJP disconnected with India, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran L.K. Advani from his posts, saying the opposition party had no connect with India.
"It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
"The BJP is totally disconnected with the nation," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury added. She said she was amazed "the BJP was not able to see the writing on the wall".
Advani on Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing most party colleagues of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani sent a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra