BJP disconnected with India, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran L.K. Advani from his posts, saying the opposition party had no connect with India.
"It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
"The BJP is totally disconnected with the nation," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury added. She said she was amazed "the BJP was not able to see the writing on the wall".
Advani on Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing most party colleagues of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani sent a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees