BJP disconnected with India, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran L.K. Advani from his posts, saying the opposition party had no connect with India.
"It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
"The BJP is totally disconnected with the nation," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury added. She said she was amazed "the BJP was not able to see the writing on the wall".
Advani on Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing most party colleagues of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani sent a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened