BJP disconnected with India, says Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran L.K. Advani from his posts, saying the opposition party had no connect with India.
"It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
"The BJP is totally disconnected with the nation," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury added. She said she was amazed "the BJP was not able to see the writing on the wall".
Advani on Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing most party colleagues of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani sent a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing