BJP discusses 11 names for RS nominations
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh BJP Election
Committee today discussed the names of 11 persons for
nominations to the Rajya Sabha from the state.
Giving this information, Madhya Pradesh BJP President
Prabhat Jha told PTI that a final decision on who would
finally get the nomination would be taken in Delhi.
Jha said, at the meeting he and the Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan were authorised to take a stand on the
Elections would be held this month for three Rajya
Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh. Based on their strength in
the Assembly, the BJP is likely to win two seats and the
He also said that BJP state unit would decide on one
seat while the candidate for the second seat which the party
will get will be decided by its central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid