BJP dismisses govt ads on diesel price, LPG curbs as "lies"
New Delhi: BJP on Monday dismissed as "lies and propaganda" the advertisements put out by the government in newspapers on diesel price hike and rationing of LPG cylinders and maintained high taxation is the real reason behind the increase.
"As the government has no convincing reasons to impose massive diesel price hike, it is now putting huge advertisements as propaganda. There are many issues addressed and claims made by the government (in the advertisements) which are not based on facts," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
He claimed India does not buy oil at international crude prices but at prices agreed to as part of long-standing agreements with countries like Iran.
"Instead of citing the international crude prices, why the government is not citing the price of Indian crude basket, which is a relevant parameter?" Javadekar said.
BJP maintained that without taxes diesel will be available in India at Rs 30 and petrol at Rs 35.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory