BJP dismissive about Sonia`s 15 years as Congress President
New Delhi: BJP was on Thursday dismissive about Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years as Congress President, saying she can occupy that post for as long as she wishes and alleged that the UPA government led by her party has given "hundreds of scams".
"Sonia Gandhi has no competition as Congress chief. She can stay Congress President as long as she wants. Congress does not have any democratic elections to choose its president. It is her party and she is the chief," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
Gandhi completed 15 years at the helm of the Congress party earlier this week.
Asked about BJP`s assessment of Congress` performance under Gandhi`s leadership, Hussain said, "Congress has been weakened in the last few years. The party`s seats have declined. There have been not 15 but 1,500 scams (under her presidentship of the Congress)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened