BJP dismissive about Sonia`s 15 years as Congress President
New Delhi: BJP was on Thursday dismissive about Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years as Congress President, saying she can occupy that post for as long as she wishes and alleged that the UPA government led by her party has given "hundreds of scams".
"Sonia Gandhi has no competition as Congress chief. She can stay Congress President as long as she wants. Congress does not have any democratic elections to choose its president. It is her party and she is the chief," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
Gandhi completed 15 years at the helm of the Congress party earlier this week.
Asked about BJP`s assessment of Congress` performance under Gandhi`s leadership, Hussain said, "Congress has been weakened in the last few years. The party`s seats have declined. There have been not 15 but 1,500 scams (under her presidentship of the Congress)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi