BJP distances itself from the man who heckled Kejriwal
New Delhi: Hours after the disruption of AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal press conference here, BJP on Monday distanced itself from the man who heckled him, saying he is a former member of the party and has been active in Anna Hazare`s movement.
"Nachiket was a former BJP member and was working with our IT cell some three years ago. Since then, he has been active with the Anna movement and `India Against Corruption` for the last two years and is currently not a Maharashtra IT cell member," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said in a statement.
"He is from Anna Hazare`s Tehsil and has contested an election against a BJP official candidate", she said adding "we condemn such acts," she added.
There was high drama at Kejriwal`s press conference when Nachiket threw black ink on him and other AAP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant