BJP distances itself from the man who heckled Kejriwal
New Delhi: Hours after the disruption of AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal press conference here, BJP on Monday distanced itself from the man who heckled him, saying he is a former member of the party and has been active in Anna Hazare`s movement.
"Nachiket was a former BJP member and was working with our IT cell some three years ago. Since then, he has been active with the Anna movement and `India Against Corruption` for the last two years and is currently not a Maharashtra IT cell member," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said in a statement.
"He is from Anna Hazare`s Tehsil and has contested an election against a BJP official candidate", she said adding "we condemn such acts," she added.
There was high drama at Kejriwal`s press conference when Nachiket threw black ink on him and other AAP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'