BJP distances itself from the man who heckled Kejriwal
New Delhi: Hours after the disruption of AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal press conference here, BJP on Monday distanced itself from the man who heckled him, saying he is a former member of the party and has been active in Anna Hazare`s movement.
"Nachiket was a former BJP member and was working with our IT cell some three years ago. Since then, he has been active with the Anna movement and `India Against Corruption` for the last two years and is currently not a Maharashtra IT cell member," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said in a statement.
"He is from Anna Hazare`s Tehsil and has contested an election against a BJP official candidate", she said adding "we condemn such acts," she added.
There was high drama at Kejriwal`s press conference when Nachiket threw black ink on him and other AAP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP