BJP distances itself from the man who heckled Kejriwal
New Delhi: Hours after the disruption of AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal press conference here, BJP on Monday distanced itself from the man who heckled him, saying he is a former member of the party and has been active in Anna Hazare`s movement.
"Nachiket was a former BJP member and was working with our IT cell some three years ago. Since then, he has been active with the Anna movement and `India Against Corruption` for the last two years and is currently not a Maharashtra IT cell member," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said in a statement.
"He is from Anna Hazare`s Tehsil and has contested an election against a BJP official candidate", she said adding "we condemn such acts," she added.
There was high drama at Kejriwal`s press conference when Nachiket threw black ink on him and other AAP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says