BJP dividing Hindus and Muslims: Mamata Banerjee
Bagnan: In the backdrop of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s `I`m a Hindu nationalist, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday accused BJP of dividing Hindus and Muslims.
"A bigger Hindu than Ramakrishna Paramamahamsa and Swami Vivekananda ?" she asked at a panchayat election rally here in Howrah district without naming anyone.
"Hindus and Muslims are the flowers of same branch and we care for both," Banerjee said and alleged BJP wanted to `divide the Hindus and the Muslims` but the state government would not allow anyone to fomment riots.
Her remarks came close on the heels of Modi kicking up a political storm by saying he had done `absolutely the right thing` during the 2002 Gujarat riots and describing himself as a `Hindu nationalist`.
Banerjee accused CPI(M) of using BJP to split anti-Marxist votes in Bengal and asked the electorate to be careful in not wasting a single vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan