BJP does not do politics on basis of caste, religion: Rajnath
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday rejected Opposition`s charge that it was indulging into politics of polarisation by promoting Narendra Modi, saying the party would contest Lok Sabha polls on positive issues.
Before the Lok Sabha polls BJP will issue a `vision document` highlighting its policies and programmes, the BJP leader said.
"We do not do politics on the basis of caste and religion.... Wherever our governments are in power no discrimination is made on this basis," Rajnath said when asked about the allegations that by promoting Modi an attempt was being made to trigger polarisation on religious basis.
On the contrary, Rajnath accused Congress of adopting the policy of "divide and rule" and said, "it is Congress which adopted divide and rule policy and did not let communal harmony take root due to vote bank politics."
On a query that if JD(U), which parted ways recently, wishes to come along again after the polls, Rajnath said,"for keeping Congress out of power, whichever party comes to us it would be considered".
On being asked regarding speculations of Modi contesting election from Lucknow, Rajnath said, "who will contest election from where would be decided by the parliamentary board".
Regarding role of senior leader LK Advani in the upcoming polls, Rajnath said "he was, and would always remain our leader and a guiding force".
Avoiding a direct reply on Advani`s resignation, he said "guardians sometimes get angry on certain things".
"...But now there is no anger," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown