BJP executive committee pays tribute to Naxal attack victims
Gwalior: Madhya Pradesh BJP executive committee on Thursday paid homage to the victims of the brutal Naxal attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh that left 27 people, including Congress leaders, dead.
Congress leaders Mahendra Karma, Chhattisgarh state unit president Nand Kumar Patel and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar were killed in the Naxal ambush on the party`s `parivartan yatra` at Darbha in Bastar district on May 25.
A resolution condemning the killings was unanimously passed by the BJP`s state executive committee meeting here, which observed two-minute silence in memory of the deceased.
The resolution was moved by BJP leader Lal Singh Arya.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, state unit BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar, BJP national vice president Prabhat Jha, national general secretary Thawarchand Gehlot, besides senior party leaders from the state were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch