BJP executive committee pays tribute to Naxal attack victims
Gwalior: Madhya Pradesh BJP executive committee on Thursday paid homage to the victims of the brutal Naxal attack in neighbouring Chhattisgarh that left 27 people, including Congress leaders, dead.
Congress leaders Mahendra Karma, Chhattisgarh state unit president Nand Kumar Patel and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar were killed in the Naxal ambush on the party`s `parivartan yatra` at Darbha in Bastar district on May 25.
A resolution condemning the killings was unanimously passed by the BJP`s state executive committee meeting here, which observed two-minute silence in memory of the deceased.
The resolution was moved by BJP leader Lal Singh Arya.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, state unit BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar, BJP national vice president Prabhat Jha, national general secretary Thawarchand Gehlot, besides senior party leaders from the state were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre