BJP failed on Lokpal issue: Sinha
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday targeted BJP top brass for failing to launch an aggressive campaign in support of Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Speaking to reporters, the BJP MP from Hazaribagh said, “We have completely failed to take up the issue aggressively. I regret that BJP has failed to convince people on the merits of having a strong anti-graft legislation in place.”
Attacking the BJP top brass for its knee-jerk response to the issue, Sinha said, “I am ready to resign from my Lok Sabha seat in protest against BJP`s failure to take a strong stand on Lokpal issue.”
Meanwhile, BJP’s parliamentary party met this morning to discuss the situation in view of Hazare’s deteriorating health on the ninth day of his indefinite fast.
The party also appealed to Anna Hazare to end his fast, saying it is concerned about his deteriorating health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site