BJP failed on Lokpal issue: Sinha
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday targeted BJP top brass for failing to launch an aggressive campaign in support of Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Speaking to reporters, the BJP MP from Hazaribagh said, “We have completely failed to take up the issue aggressively. I regret that BJP has failed to convince people on the merits of having a strong anti-graft legislation in place.”
Attacking the BJP top brass for its knee-jerk response to the issue, Sinha said, “I am ready to resign from my Lok Sabha seat in protest against BJP`s failure to take a strong stand on Lokpal issue.”
Meanwhile, BJP’s parliamentary party met this morning to discuss the situation in view of Hazare’s deteriorating health on the ninth day of his indefinite fast.
The party also appealed to Anna Hazare to end his fast, saying it is concerned about his deteriorating health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city