BJP failed on Lokpal issue: Sinha
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday targeted BJP top brass for failing to launch an aggressive campaign in support of Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Speaking to reporters, the BJP MP from Hazaribagh said, “We have completely failed to take up the issue aggressively. I regret that BJP has failed to convince people on the merits of having a strong anti-graft legislation in place.”
Attacking the BJP top brass for its knee-jerk response to the issue, Sinha said, “I am ready to resign from my Lok Sabha seat in protest against BJP`s failure to take a strong stand on Lokpal issue.”
Meanwhile, BJP’s parliamentary party met this morning to discuss the situation in view of Hazare’s deteriorating health on the ninth day of his indefinite fast.
The party also appealed to Anna Hazare to end his fast, saying it is concerned about his deteriorating health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months