BJP failed on Lokpal issue: Sinha
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Wednesday targeted BJP top brass for failing to launch an aggressive campaign in support of Anna Hazare’s campaign for a strong Lokpal Bill.
Speaking to reporters, the BJP MP from Hazaribagh said, “We have completely failed to take up the issue aggressively. I regret that BJP has failed to convince people on the merits of having a strong anti-graft legislation in place.”
Attacking the BJP top brass for its knee-jerk response to the issue, Sinha said, “I am ready to resign from my Lok Sabha seat in protest against BJP`s failure to take a strong stand on Lokpal issue.”
Meanwhile, BJP’s parliamentary party met this morning to discuss the situation in view of Hazare’s deteriorating health on the ninth day of his indefinite fast.
The party also appealed to Anna Hazare to end his fast, saying it is concerned about his deteriorating health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report