BJP failing on checking price rise, protecting women: Congress
New Delhi: The BJP has failed to check price rise or provide security to women despite tall promises made during elections, a Congres spokesperson claimed Monday.
"During the election campaign, the BJP sold dreams of `acche din` by promising to curtail price rise... Indian voters gave them 10 seats more than the majority figure of 272 so that they do not give excuses of compulsion of coalition politics. However, the BJP has failed the people on both these fronts," contended Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza.
She said the Narendra Modi government`s first month in office was marked by a steep increase in prices.
"The government began with the 50 paise increase in diesel prices, followed by increase in prices of essential commodities like fruits and vegetables and pulses. This was followed by unprecedented increase in railway passenger fares and freight charges. And now the government is planning to increase the price of sugar to the tune of Rs.5-6 per kilo and of cooking gas," Oza said.
On the issue of women`s safety, she said the Bharatiya Janata Party government has failed miserably.
"The BJP, which was going hammer and tongs over the rape issue in the country before the elections, is now protecting its central minister Nihal Chand who has been accused of rape," Oza alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor