BJP favours abolition of income, sales, excise tax
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday favoured abolition of income, sales and excise tax and the party may include it in its vision document to be unveiled ahead of General elections next year.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is in-charge of preparing the party`s vision document `India Vision 2025`, said that the party was presently deliberating the matter.
"We were talking about tax and although we have not decided as yet but a good presentation came before us. There is a suggestion of complete abolition of Income, Sales and Excise tax," he said, addressing a function on political agenda of political parties.
He said that the total revenue of the country is Rs 14 lakh crore and 1.5 lakh bank branches are operating in the country presently.
"If we abolish these taxes and if we apply around 1 or 1.5 per cent of expenditure or transaction tax, then we will get revenue to the tune of around Rs 40,000 lakh crore. So those 3.5 lakh people who are using becons of various colours now, they will not be required anymore as no tribunals or commissioners will be required," he said.
"So I think along with transparency, there should be time bound result oriented administration coupled with right way of economic reforms and if it so happens, then the 1.5 lakh banks operating now will become 10 lakhs. There is another suggestion of doing away with Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes..We are deliberating on these proposals as we want transperancy..." Gadkari said.
He said that he has interacted with 400-450 people already and the document is expected to come out in a month`s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!