BJP fields cash-for-vote accused Kulaste for RS poll
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday night named 12
candidates, including cash-for-vote scam accused Faggan Singh Kulaste and Ajay Sancheti whose name figured in Adarsh Housing
scam, for election to the Rajya Sabha.
Party general secretaries Arun Jaitley, Ravi Shankar
Prasad, Jagat Prakash Nadda and Dharmendra Pradhan are also
among the candidates nominated by the BJP.
Kulaste, an accused in the cash-for-vote scam who was
among the three lawmakers who had waved wads of currency notes
in the Lok Sabha during the 2008 trust vote, has been fielded
from Madhya Pradesh along with Najma Heptullah, Kaptan Singh
Solanki and Thawar Chand Gehlot.
Sancheti, a close associate of BJP chief Nitin Gadkari,
has been nominated from Chhattisgarh.
Party Vice President Vinay Katiyar, associated with
the Ram Janambhoomi movement and former BJP Uttar Pradesh unit
President, gets another term from the state.
Jaitley will contest for another term on a BJP ticket
from Gujarat while Nadda has been given the ticket from
Himachal Pradesh. Prasad and Pradhan will get his fourth term
in the Rajya Sabha from Bihar.
While 12 names were announced today after a meeting of
the party Central Election Committee, Gadkari has been
authorised to decide on the remaining six vacancies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!