BJP flays Madani for "flouting" bail conditions
Kochi: BJP on Sunday came out against PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case, saying he had allegedly flouted the temporary bail conditions imposed by a Karnataka court while permitting him to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam on Sunday.
`Madani had violated bail conditions by addressing party workers and had openly challenged the rule of law and judicial system during the address`, BJP state President, V Muralidharan, told reporters here.
This amounts to promoting terrorism; he alleged adding the state government had supported the move.
BJP would bring the matter before the court and Karnataka government, he said;
Madani had addressed the PDP workers for 10 minutes shortly before the `Nikah` ceremonies began. Though a Karnataka police official on the dias tried to dissuade him, Madani had said the address was part of the rituals.
Reacting to Madani`s speech, Opposition leader V S Achutanandan said it needs to be examined by responsbile officials.
When pointed that Madani had challenged the court by his comments, the marxist veteran`s reply was `it should be examined`.
Madani who was arrested in August 2010 from Kollam had been granted bail on strict conditions from Mar 8-12 to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam today and to meet his ailing father.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright
- These bollywood movie makers, superstars have been issued service tax notices by CBEC –Know