BJP flays Madani for "flouting" bail conditions
Kochi: BJP on Sunday came out against PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case, saying he had allegedly flouted the temporary bail conditions imposed by a Karnataka court while permitting him to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam on Sunday.
`Madani had violated bail conditions by addressing party workers and had openly challenged the rule of law and judicial system during the address`, BJP state President, V Muralidharan, told reporters here.
This amounts to promoting terrorism; he alleged adding the state government had supported the move.
BJP would bring the matter before the court and Karnataka government, he said;
Madani had addressed the PDP workers for 10 minutes shortly before the `Nikah` ceremonies began. Though a Karnataka police official on the dias tried to dissuade him, Madani had said the address was part of the rituals.
Reacting to Madani`s speech, Opposition leader V S Achutanandan said it needs to be examined by responsbile officials.
When pointed that Madani had challenged the court by his comments, the marxist veteran`s reply was `it should be examined`.
Madani who was arrested in August 2010 from Kollam had been granted bail on strict conditions from Mar 8-12 to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam today and to meet his ailing father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe