BJP flays Madani for "flouting" bail conditions
Kochi: BJP on Sunday came out against PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case, saying he had allegedly flouted the temporary bail conditions imposed by a Karnataka court while permitting him to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam on Sunday.
`Madani had violated bail conditions by addressing party workers and had openly challenged the rule of law and judicial system during the address`, BJP state President, V Muralidharan, told reporters here.
This amounts to promoting terrorism; he alleged adding the state government had supported the move.
BJP would bring the matter before the court and Karnataka government, he said;
Madani had addressed the PDP workers for 10 minutes shortly before the `Nikah` ceremonies began. Though a Karnataka police official on the dias tried to dissuade him, Madani had said the address was part of the rituals.
Reacting to Madani`s speech, Opposition leader V S Achutanandan said it needs to be examined by responsbile officials.
When pointed that Madani had challenged the court by his comments, the marxist veteran`s reply was `it should be examined`.
Madani who was arrested in August 2010 from Kollam had been granted bail on strict conditions from Mar 8-12 to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam today and to meet his ailing father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh