BJP flays Madani for "flouting" bail conditions
Kochi: BJP on Sunday came out against PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case, saying he had allegedly flouted the temporary bail conditions imposed by a Karnataka court while permitting him to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam on Sunday.
`Madani had violated bail conditions by addressing party workers and had openly challenged the rule of law and judicial system during the address`, BJP state President, V Muralidharan, told reporters here.
This amounts to promoting terrorism; he alleged adding the state government had supported the move.
BJP would bring the matter before the court and Karnataka government, he said;
Madani had addressed the PDP workers for 10 minutes shortly before the `Nikah` ceremonies began. Though a Karnataka police official on the dias tried to dissuade him, Madani had said the address was part of the rituals.
Reacting to Madani`s speech, Opposition leader V S Achutanandan said it needs to be examined by responsbile officials.
When pointed that Madani had challenged the court by his comments, the marxist veteran`s reply was `it should be examined`.
Madani who was arrested in August 2010 from Kollam had been granted bail on strict conditions from Mar 8-12 to attend his daughter`s wedding at Kollam today and to meet his ailing father.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog