BJP flays UK on terming Bhagat Singh a terrorist
Jagraon: Reacting sharply to a UK based researcher`s recent remark calling Bhagat Singh a `terrorist`, BJP on Sunday said it would pressurize the European country to regard him as a martyr.
"I remembered Bhagat Singh when I came here on Sunday. It pains us when he was called a terrorist in England," BJP chief Rajnath Singh said, addressing a Fateh (victory) rally here.
When the NDA comes to power, it will pressurise the UK government to change the history books where Bhagat Singh is termed a terrorist and make it `martyr`, he said.
The NDA will bring a resolution to this effect in the Parliamnet, he said.
Attacking Congress, Singh said India cannot become corruption-free as long as the party was in power, and recalled senior leader L K Advani`s efforts and vowed to bring back the black money stashed abroad.
"When Congress is in power all records of corruption are broken. Till Congress is in power, one cannot think about corruption-free India," he said.
Hitting out at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, the BJP leader said, "He (Rahul) wants a strong mechanism for tackling corruption. What was he doing for last nine and half years when his government was in power? Corruption cannot end till Congress is there."
Taking a dig at Congress over not naming of Prime Ministerial candidate, he said the party was mum whenever it was asked about the matter.
"Our PM candidate (Narendra Modi) is wonderful, but they have no answer on this," he said.
Lauding Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for
developmental works in Punjab, Singh said Badal was the first leader who urged him to nominate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate of the party.
"First of all, it was Prakash Badal of the Akali Party who told me that Modi should be the PM candidate," he said.
On farmers, Singh said a separate Agriculture budget was necessary like the Railway budget as 65 per cent of the country`s population was involved in farming.
Singh said once NDA came to power, farmers` income insurance scheme will be started, and recalled a similar scheme started in 2004 by them, but was stopped by Congress which came to power then.
"The day our farmer will be happy the entire nation will be happy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!