BJP for dismissal of Moily
New Delhi: Demands for dismissal of Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily were made in the Lok Sabha Tuesday by BJP members following reports alleging that a corporate giant provided funds to his family-controlled trust when he headed the Corporate Affairs Ministry.
"Dismiss Moily" chanted BJP members during the Zero Hour.
Their shouts were drowned in the din created by DMK and AIADMK members, who had stormed the Well on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
Moily was not present in the House.
The reports had claimed that the Kissan Sabha Trust (KST), headed by him and run by his family members, had received funds from a corporate giant last year when he was the Corporate Affairs Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test