BJP for Parl group to oversee China border issue
Patna: The BJP on Sunday demanded that the
government set up a parliamentary group for detailed study and
overseeing of border issues with China and a statutory high
-powered autonomous border management group at the national
The party has also demanded making public the
recommendations of the China Study Group on Border
Infrastructure Development, BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy
told reporters here.
The demands were made after the preliminary report of
a BJP fact finding committee on Chinese incursions was
submitted at the party national executive.
The committee headed by party MP Bhagat Singh
Koshiyari recommended measures to stop Chinese incursion by
creating new posts to man the gaps at different points for
which the strength of ITBP should be increased.
It also laid stress on increasing Army`s strength to
match deployment on Chinese side of the border and improvement
in roads and communications.
Senior party leader L K Advani complimented the fact
finding team for its work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed