BJP for Parl group to oversee China border issue
Patna: The BJP on Sunday demanded that the
government set up a parliamentary group for detailed study and
overseeing of border issues with China and a statutory high
-powered autonomous border management group at the national
The party has also demanded making public the
recommendations of the China Study Group on Border
Infrastructure Development, BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy
told reporters here.
The demands were made after the preliminary report of
a BJP fact finding committee on Chinese incursions was
submitted at the party national executive.
The committee headed by party MP Bhagat Singh
Koshiyari recommended measures to stop Chinese incursion by
creating new posts to man the gaps at different points for
which the strength of ITBP should be increased.
It also laid stress on increasing Army`s strength to
match deployment on Chinese side of the border and improvement
in roads and communications.
Senior party leader L K Advani complimented the fact
finding team for its work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'