BJP for Parl group to oversee China border issue
Patna: The BJP on Sunday demanded that the
government set up a parliamentary group for detailed study and
overseeing of border issues with China and a statutory high
-powered autonomous border management group at the national
The party has also demanded making public the
recommendations of the China Study Group on Border
Infrastructure Development, BJP spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy
told reporters here.
The demands were made after the preliminary report of
a BJP fact finding committee on Chinese incursions was
submitted at the party national executive.
The committee headed by party MP Bhagat Singh
Koshiyari recommended measures to stop Chinese incursion by
creating new posts to man the gaps at different points for
which the strength of ITBP should be increased.
It also laid stress on increasing Army`s strength to
match deployment on Chinese side of the border and improvement
in roads and communications.
Senior party leader L K Advani complimented the fact
finding team for its work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon