BJP Foundation Day: Grand reception for Rajnath Singh in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has organised grand celebrations of party`s 33rd Foundation day, which will be attended by newly elected president Rajnath Singh here on Saturday.
The Foundation Day celebration will be held at the Sardar Patel Stadium here, where large number of party workers will come from all over the state, Gujarat BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar told reporters here.
"As the party president is coming for the first time after his taking over the post, he will be given a rousing welcome at the airport, in which Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi and state unit party president RC Faldu will be present," Bhavsar said.
At the main function, party workers will take oath of routing the Congress and establish BJP government at the Centre, he added.
Among the national leaders of BJP, only Rajnath Singh has been invited by the state BJP to be part of the grand function where he is likely to be felicitated.
The felicitation of Singh comes after Modi was inducted by him in the most powerful body of the party, the parliamentary board and also in the election committee, signalling his national elevation.
Virtually acknowledging his prime ministerial ambition, Modi had yesterday said it is the duty of every child to repay the debt he owes to "Mother India".
"Not only Modi, every child and citizen owes a debt to Mother India...it is his duty to repay the debt whenever an opportunity arises...Everybody has to repay this debt..."
"I hope Mother India gives her blessings and nobody goes away without paying this debt," Modi said, in a clear indication that he is ready for a major role in the national politics for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'