BJP fumes at Moily`s announcement of LPG cap hike
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday expressed its resentment at the violation of the election code by the Centre on the LPG cap issue and said that despite these attempts by Congress, Narendra Modi is going to win for the third consecutive time in Gujarat.
"What is amazing is that this kind of attempt to violate the model code of conduct is being done for the second time within a week. First was the cash transfer and second is this," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily had announced yesterday that the government will increase the number of subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine per family per year.
The Election Commission had ordered rollback of this order and asked the minister to refrain from making such announcements during the polls.
"I think the government of India must understand that the model code of conduct is required to be respected and not to be violated and regardless of all these attempts, Modi will win a third term in the state," Prasad said.
Another BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the LPG cap order has come as Congress realised it is "losing" in Himachal Pradesh polls due to it. He said Congress is trying to increase the number of subsidised cylinders to win votes in Gujarat.
"But no matter whatever Congress does, it is not going to win in Gujarat," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!