BJP fumes over Nitish Kumar`s remark on Patna blasts
New Delhi: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s remark that blasts at Narendra Modi`s Patna rally had benefited BJP on Monday left the party fuming which said it had doubts about the JD(U) leader`s mental state.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi went on to add that Bihar needed more mental health institutes.
"I can only say that there is a question mark over the mindset... The mental state of Nitish Kumar," she said at a press conference while replying to queries on Kumar`s comments.
She said Bihar is lagging behind in several aspects and mental health institutes is one of them. "The state needs more mental institutes," Lekhi said.
Justifying her remarks against Kumar, Lekhi said, "He has given no reaction on the death of six persons in the rally nor expressed happiness that so many lives were saved. By the grace of God, a stampede was averted. Though 15 bombs went off, he has offered no condolences."
JD(U) was a part of BJP-led NDA for 17 years before it cut-off ties following Modi`s elevation as BJP Election Campaign Committee Chief at the party`s conclave in Goa this June.
"Nitish has called Ishrat Jahan (who was killed in an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat) Bihar ki beti (Bihar`s daughter). This is a blot on Bihar," Lekhi said.
The party alleged that it is due to laxity in security arrangements by the Nitish Kumar government that these blasts took place.
"Kumar looks at everything with a political motive," Lekhi said.
Kumar today told reporters in Patna, "The incidence of serial blasts at the rally in Patna was most condemnable... But terrorists in a way helped BJP, otherwise its rally at Patna was flop in terms of size of crowd."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!