BJP gauging `country`s mood` on Ram temple, other issues
Patna: With Ram temple issue once again coming into focus before 2014 Parliamentary elections through VHP yatra, a BJP sub-committee under the campaign panel headed by Narendra Modi is gathering feed back from people on Ayodhya and other burning issues to gauge "country`s mood".
Jan Samvad, a sub committee under Central Campaign committee chaired by Modi that deals with people`s participation, has posted 15 issues, including Ram temple, on its website asking people to rate their first five priority subjects.
BJP national secretary and party`s co-in-charge for Uttar Pradesh, Rameshwar Chaurasia said that the exercise was aimed at knowing the "mood of the country" in 2014 Parliamentary elections.
Chaurasia is fourth term BJP MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district of Bihar. He had defeated former Union minister RJD`s Kanti Singh in the 2010 Assembly elections.
Jan Samvad is considered as "gateway" of the party that enables dialogue between the public and leadership. It also facilitates public partnership in mission 2014.
The website www.Jansamvad2014.In, launched about a week back, asks the respondents to express priority on issues gripping the country now, he said.
Besides Ram temple, the issues on display in the website included corruption by the UPA government, price rise, unemployment, terrorism, Naxalism, MGNREGA and Food Security Act, minority appeasement and policy paralysis direction-less governance by the UPA government.
Chaurasia, a die-hard supporter of the Gujarat chief minister, said people`s responses are being regularly monitored by a team constituted for the purpose.
The effort would help BJP decide its agenda for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP secretary said.
VHP attempted `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama` at Ayodhya recently is seen as an effort to bring back the Ram Temple issue on the poll menu of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'