BJP gauging `country`s mood` on Ram temple, other issues
Patna: With Ram temple issue once again coming into focus before 2014 Parliamentary elections through VHP yatra, a BJP sub-committee under the campaign panel headed by Narendra Modi is gathering feed back from people on Ayodhya and other burning issues to gauge "country`s mood".
Jan Samvad, a sub committee under Central Campaign committee chaired by Modi that deals with people`s participation, has posted 15 issues, including Ram temple, on its website asking people to rate their first five priority subjects.
BJP national secretary and party`s co-in-charge for Uttar Pradesh, Rameshwar Chaurasia said that the exercise was aimed at knowing the "mood of the country" in 2014 Parliamentary elections.
Chaurasia is fourth term BJP MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district of Bihar. He had defeated former Union minister RJD`s Kanti Singh in the 2010 Assembly elections.
Jan Samvad is considered as "gateway" of the party that enables dialogue between the public and leadership. It also facilitates public partnership in mission 2014.
The website www.Jansamvad2014.In, launched about a week back, asks the respondents to express priority on issues gripping the country now, he said.
Besides Ram temple, the issues on display in the website included corruption by the UPA government, price rise, unemployment, terrorism, Naxalism, MGNREGA and Food Security Act, minority appeasement and policy paralysis direction-less governance by the UPA government.
Chaurasia, a die-hard supporter of the Gujarat chief minister, said people`s responses are being regularly monitored by a team constituted for the purpose.
The effort would help BJP decide its agenda for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP secretary said.
VHP attempted `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama` at Ayodhya recently is seen as an effort to bring back the Ram Temple issue on the poll menu of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?