BJP gauging `country`s mood` on Ram temple, other issues
Patna: With Ram temple issue once again coming into focus before 2014 Parliamentary elections through VHP yatra, a BJP sub-committee under the campaign panel headed by Narendra Modi is gathering feed back from people on Ayodhya and other burning issues to gauge "country`s mood".
Jan Samvad, a sub committee under Central Campaign committee chaired by Modi that deals with people`s participation, has posted 15 issues, including Ram temple, on its website asking people to rate their first five priority subjects.
BJP national secretary and party`s co-in-charge for Uttar Pradesh, Rameshwar Chaurasia said that the exercise was aimed at knowing the "mood of the country" in 2014 Parliamentary elections.
Chaurasia is fourth term BJP MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district of Bihar. He had defeated former Union minister RJD`s Kanti Singh in the 2010 Assembly elections.
Jan Samvad is considered as "gateway" of the party that enables dialogue between the public and leadership. It also facilitates public partnership in mission 2014.
The website www.Jansamvad2014.In, launched about a week back, asks the respondents to express priority on issues gripping the country now, he said.
Besides Ram temple, the issues on display in the website included corruption by the UPA government, price rise, unemployment, terrorism, Naxalism, MGNREGA and Food Security Act, minority appeasement and policy paralysis direction-less governance by the UPA government.
Chaurasia, a die-hard supporter of the Gujarat chief minister, said people`s responses are being regularly monitored by a team constituted for the purpose.
The effort would help BJP decide its agenda for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP secretary said.
VHP attempted `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama` at Ayodhya recently is seen as an effort to bring back the Ram Temple issue on the poll menu of BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference