BJP gauging `country`s mood` on Ram temple, other issues
Patna: With Ram temple issue once again coming into focus before 2014 Parliamentary elections through VHP yatra, a BJP sub-committee under the campaign panel headed by Narendra Modi is gathering feed-back from people on Ayodhya and other burning issues to gauge "country`s mood".
Jan Samvad, a sub-committee under Central Campaign committee chaired by Modi that deals with people`s participation, has posted 15 issues, including Ram temple, on its website asking people to rate their first five priority subjects.
BJP national secretary and party`s co-in-charge for Uttar Pradesh, Rameshwar Chaurasia told PTI that the exercise was aimed at knowing the "mood of the country" in 2014 Parliamentary elections.
Chaurasia is fourth term BJP MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district of Bihar. He had defeated former Union minister RJD`s Kanti Singh in the 2010 Assembly elections.
Jan Samvad is considered as "gateway" of the party that enables dialogue between the public and leadership. It also facilitates public partnership in mission 2014.
The website www.Jansamvad2014.In, launched about a week back, asks the respondents to express priority on issues gripping the country now, he said.
Besides Ram temple, the issues on display in the website included corruption by the UPA government, price rise, unemployment, terrorism, Naxalism, MGNREGA and Food Security Act, minority appeasement and policy paralysis direction-less governance by the UPA government.
Chaurasia, a die-hard supporter of the Gujarat chief minister, said people`s responses are being regularly monitored by a team constituted for the purpose.
The effort would help BJP decide its agenda for the crucial 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the BJP secretary said.
VHP attempted `Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama` at Ayodhya recently is seen as an effort to bring back the Ram Temple issue on the poll menu of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India