BJP Govt doing business in Madhya Pradesh: Digvijay
Jabalpur: Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh today alleged that instead of governing the
State, BJP was doing business in Madhya Pradesh.
"BJP is not doing governance, rather it is doing business
in Madhya Pradesh," Singh told reporters here before wrapping
up his three days visit to Mahakoshal area.
Singh said raids at the officers`s places had unearthed
millions of rupees amassed by them unlawfully. If raids are
conducted at the places of Madhya Pradesh Ministers, billions
of rupees will be unearthed, he added.
Singh rubbished Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan`s claim that the Centre was discriminating
against the state and said that Madhya Pradesh was getting
five-fold higher funds than what his government got seven
He said that while the state government claimed of
signing Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with industrial
houses to the tune of crores of rupees, it was not seen at the
Singh said that BJP had made an election promise seven
years ago to provide uninterrupted power to people in Madhya
Pradesh in 100 days, which is yet to happen.
"Now they are promising to provide 24 hours power by
2013," he said.
Singh claimed that the electricity generation capacity of
Madhya Pradesh had remained the same in seven years and added
that the Plant Load Factor (PLF) of Thermal Power Stations has
dipped to 63 per cent from 73 per cent in that period.
He alleged that State Home Minister Umashanker Gupta had
convened a meeting of top police officers at RSS office in
Ratlam where he had handed over names of 250 people to the
police. The police officers were directed to arrest these
people on attempt to murder, he further said.
The Congress general secretary said people have rejected
the BJP`s ideology following which the people in government
were feeling dejected and were whipping up communal frenzy.
The Raltam incident stands testimony to it, he added.
Communal tension had prevailed in two localities of
Ratlam after a religious place was allegedly defiled,
prompting the authorities to clamp curfew on September 4.
Asked to comment over Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s
remark on `saffron terror`, Singh said that saffron stands for
valour and religion, and BJP did not have monopoly over this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant