BJP hails Ajmer Sharif spiritual head`s stand on Pak PM visit
Hyderabad: Welcoming the decision of Ajmer Sharif Dargah Diwan, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan to boycott Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf`s visit to the Sufi shrine, BJP on Saturday said it reflects thinking of Indian citizens.
"It is a good decision which reflects thinking of our citizens...I do not know what is the thinking of Central government (on this)," said senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu.
The dargah spiritual head had said that he will boycott Ashraf`s visit in protest of `beheading` of an Indian soldier by Pakistani Army along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kshmir.
Ashraf arrived in Jaipur today for his day-long private visit.
Terming the Third Front as "a tried and failed experiment", Naidu said only BJP-led NDA offers strong alternative to the Congress-led UPA government where "unprecedented price rise, inflation and corruption have become the hallmarks".
"The so-called Third Front cannot offer an alternative and it was a tried and failed experiment," Naidu said, addressing a press conference.
"BJP-led NDA would be the only alternative to Congress-led UPA government. People have the choice to bring the NDA in power for its exemplary record of good governance," he said.
The former BJP president alleged that the country`s image has taken a serious beating because of the large scale corruption that has become synonymous with the UPA government.
"The UPA has created the perception that India is insecure and suffering as it is unable to take any decisive action against terrorism," he said, adding that the UPA was "politicising terror" and delayed hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru for its vote bank politics.
Naidu announced that the BJP would launch a "BJP for Parliament" campaign in southern states, with focus on poll-bound Andhra Pradesh, to reach out to masses.
He said party leaders would meet people and spread awareness about the challenges concerning the country under the campaign.
"I would tour all districts in Andhra Pradesh once the Budget session of Parliament is over," he said.
The state unit party president G Kishan Reddy and former union minister Bandaru Dattatreya were also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends