BJP hails Ajmer Sharif spiritual head`s stand on Pak PM visit
Hyderabad: Welcoming the decision of Ajmer Sharif Dargah Diwan, Zainul Abedin Ali Khan to boycott Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf`s visit to the Sufi shrine, BJP on Saturday said it reflects thinking of Indian citizens.
"It is a good decision which reflects thinking of our citizens...I do not know what is the thinking of Central government (on this)," said senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu.
The dargah spiritual head had said that he will boycott
Ashraf`s visit in protest of `beheading` of an Indian soldier by Pakistani army along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kshmir.
Ashraf arrived in Jaipur today for his day-long private
Terming the Third Front as "a tried and failed experiment", Naidu said only BJP-led NDA offers strong alternative to the Congress-led UPA government where "unprecedented price rise, inflation and corruption have become the hallmarks".
"The so-called Third Front can not offer an alternative
and it was a tried and failed experiment," Naidu said, addressing a press conference.
"BJP-led NDA would be the only alternative to Congress-led
UPA government. People have the choice to bring the NDA in power for its exemplary record of good governance," he said.
The former BJP president alleged that the country`s image
has taken a serious beating because of the large scale corruption that has become synonymous with the UPA government.
"The UPA has created the perception that India is insecure
and suffering as it is unable to take any decisive action against terrorism," he said, adding that the UPA was "politicising terror" and delayed hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru for its vote bank politics.
Naidu announced that the BJP would launch a "BJP for
Parliament" campaign in southern states, with focus on poll-bound Andhra Pradesh, to reach out to masses.
He said party leaders would meet people and spread awareness about the challenges concerning the country under the campaign.
"I would tour all districts in Andhra Pradesh once the Budget session of Parliament is over," he said.
The state unit party president G Kishan Reddy and former
union minister Bandaru Dattatreya were also present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly