BJP has `black mindset`: Kapil Sibal
Lucknow: Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal has assailed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by saying that the Chief Ministers of states ruled by it should resign as they endorsed the final allotments of coal blocks.
Sibal told media here that the BJP had a black ideology, a black mindset and they should stay away from commenting on the coal blocks allocation.
"Those people whose minds are black, whose thoughts are black, whose policies are black, whose intentions are black, at least they should not talk about coal!" said Sibal.
Sibal further said that under the Mines and Minerals Regulation and Development Act, it was the responsibility of the chief ministers of respective states to extend the final lease of the coal blocks.
"If someone should resign, then it should be the Chief Ministers of states ruled by BJP because it was their responsibility, they executed the lease and they decided in whose favour the lease would be allotted," Sibal added.
A report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) had observed that private companies did make windfall gains of about USD 33 billion owing to the under-priced sale of coalfields between 2004 and 2009.
The BJP has been demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh since he headed the Coal Ministry between 2006 and 2009, when many of the sales occurred.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament was also adjourned sine die earlier on Friday, as the BJP-led opposition remained adamant on its demand for the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'