BJP has `black mindset`: Kapil Sibal
Lucknow: Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal has assailed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by saying that the Chief Ministers of states ruled by it should resign as they endorsed the final allotments of coal blocks.
Sibal told media here that the BJP had a black ideology, a black mindset and they should stay away from commenting on the coal blocks allocation.
"Those people whose minds are black, whose thoughts are black, whose policies are black, whose intentions are black, at least they should not talk about coal!" said Sibal.
Sibal further said that under the Mines and Minerals Regulation and Development Act, it was the responsibility of the chief ministers of respective states to extend the final lease of the coal blocks.
"If someone should resign, then it should be the Chief Ministers of states ruled by BJP because it was their responsibility, they executed the lease and they decided in whose favour the lease would be allotted," Sibal added.
A report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) had observed that private companies did make windfall gains of about USD 33 billion owing to the under-priced sale of coalfields between 2004 and 2009.
The BJP has been demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh since he headed the Coal Ministry between 2006 and 2009, when many of the sales occurred.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament was also adjourned sine die earlier on Friday, as the BJP-led opposition remained adamant on its demand for the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...