BJP has `black mindset`: Kapil Sibal
Lucknow: Union Human Resource and Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal has assailed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by saying that the Chief Ministers of states ruled by it should resign as they endorsed the final allotments of coal blocks.
Sibal told media here that the BJP had a black ideology, a black mindset and they should stay away from commenting on the coal blocks allocation.
"Those people whose minds are black, whose thoughts are black, whose policies are black, whose intentions are black, at least they should not talk about coal!" said Sibal.
Sibal further said that under the Mines and Minerals Regulation and Development Act, it was the responsibility of the chief ministers of respective states to extend the final lease of the coal blocks.
"If someone should resign, then it should be the Chief Ministers of states ruled by BJP because it was their responsibility, they executed the lease and they decided in whose favour the lease would be allotted," Sibal added.
A report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) had observed that private companies did make windfall gains of about USD 33 billion owing to the under-priced sale of coalfields between 2004 and 2009.
The BJP has been demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh since he headed the Coal Ministry between 2006 and 2009, when many of the sales occurred.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament was also adjourned sine die earlier on Friday, as the BJP-led opposition remained adamant on its demand for the Prime Minister`s resignation over the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015