BJP has double standards over CBI, alleges Digvijay
Jabalpur: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday accused the BJP of maintaining double standards as far as the CBI was concerned.
"When the CBI acts against a Congress leader, the BJP is happy but when the agency acts in the Ishrat Jahan case, it starts talking of independent inquiries and politicisation of the CBI," Digvijay told reporters.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) yesterday charge sheeted seven Gujarat police officers in the 2004 case where Ishrat Jahan and three others were killed, terming the encounter as "fake" and in "cold blood."
Asking Congress not to play politics over cases of terrorist attacks or encounters, BJP yesterday said the CBI charge sheet into the Ishrat Jahan case underplays the role of LeT and terrorists and indicts the security agencies, demoralising them in the process.
Digvijay said that several fake counters were held in Gujarat, including that of Ishrat Jahan, Sadiq Jamal and five others.
The Congress leader also said that he would like the central government and the Union Home Ministry to make public details of the questioning of David Headley, an accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket