BJP has double standards over CBI, alleges Digvijay
Jabalpur: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday accused the BJP of maintaining double standards as far as the CBI was concerned.
"When the CBI acts against a Congress leader, the BJP is happy but when the agency acts in the Ishrat Jahan case, it starts talking of independent inquiries and politicisation of the CBI," Digvijay told reporters.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) yesterday charge sheeted seven Gujarat police officers in the 2004 case where Ishrat Jahan and three others were killed, terming the encounter as "fake" and in "cold blood."
Asking Congress not to play politics over cases of terrorist attacks or encounters, BJP yesterday said the CBI charge sheet into the Ishrat Jahan case underplays the role of LeT and terrorists and indicts the security agencies, demoralising them in the process.
Digvijay said that several fake counters were held in Gujarat, including that of Ishrat Jahan, Sadiq Jamal and five others.
The Congress leader also said that he would like the central government and the Union Home Ministry to make public details of the questioning of David Headley, an accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth