BJP has double standards over CBI, alleges Digvijay
Jabalpur: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday accused the BJP of maintaining double standards as far as the CBI was concerned.
"When the CBI acts against a Congress leader, the BJP is happy but when the agency acts in the Ishrat Jahan case, it starts talking of independent inquiries and politicisation of the CBI," Digvijay told reporters.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) yesterday charge sheeted seven Gujarat police officers in the 2004 case where Ishrat Jahan and three others were killed, terming the encounter as "fake" and in "cold blood."
Asking Congress not to play politics over cases of terrorist attacks or encounters, BJP yesterday said the CBI charge sheet into the Ishrat Jahan case underplays the role of LeT and terrorists and indicts the security agencies, demoralising them in the process.
Digvijay said that several fake counters were held in Gujarat, including that of Ishrat Jahan, Sadiq Jamal and five others.
The Congress leader also said that he would like the central government and the Union Home Ministry to make public details of the questioning of David Headley, an accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video