BJP has given poetic justice to Jaswant: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday sought to suggest
that Jaswant Singh has been handed out poetic justice by BJP
which expelled him today in the wake of his controversial book
projecting Mohammad Ali Jinnah as greater than Pandit Nehru
and Sardar Patel.
"We had rejected contents of the book. BJP has rejected
the author himself," AICC general Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi
He was asked whether Congress would compliment BJP for
showing the door to Singh for his doctrine that Jinnah was
greater than Nehru and Patel.
The Congress had earlier attacked Singh for eulogising
Pakistan`s founder and terming India`s first Prime Minister
Jawaharlal Nehru as partly responsible for partition.
In a tough decision meant to send out a strong signal to
party members, BJP expelled Singh from the party, ending his
three-decade long association with it.
Jaswant came under attack from friends and foes alike
after he released his book "Jinnah-India, Partition,
Independence" earlier this week.
"BJP and Singh are demonstrating their patriotism by
denigrating India`s first Prime Minister while eulogising
Pakistan`s first head of state," Congress spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi had said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'