BJP has named PM nominee without getting mandate: Congress leader
Ahmedabad: Congress leader and Haryana Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala on Wednesday slammed the BJP for announcing its Prime Ministerial aspirant without getting mandate from the electorate.
"They have hurriedly crowned a Prime Ministerial aspirant without a proper mandate from 121 crore Indians," he said, targeting Narendra Modi, the BJP`s PM candidate.
"In their quest to crown their leader, BJP and its leaders are consciously and sub-consciously attempting to berate India`s inherent socio-economic strength," the minister told reporters here.
Surjewala said the Congress has always been focused on well-being of the common man. "Congress has written a new history in favour of millions of Indians with the sole aim to give them voice, opportunity, trust and enforceability through conception of rights of common man in a statutory framework."
"This rights-based approach to governance and law-making is aimed at delivery of justice and fair play to every citizen of India," he said.
"We have given Acts like Right to Information, Right to Education, Right to Food and Nutrition, and Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition," Surjewala said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak