BJP has no right to flay govt response to LoC situation: Tewari
New Delhi: Hitting out at BJP for criticising the government`s response to the current situation at the Line of Control, I & B Minister Manish Tewari on Friday said the opposition party had no right to do so considering its handling of the Kandahar plane hijack crisis.
"If you look at the manner in which the Pakistani High Commissioner was summoned, the very terse manner in which the matter was conveyed to him, the response of the Defence Minister and the External Affairs Minister speaks for itself in so far as how the government has taken it," Tewari told PTI.
"In so far as BJP is concerned, I don`t want to get into my earlier avatar but it hardly lies in the mouth of the people who were responsible for the shame of Kandahar to be accusing others of being weak-kneed on national security," he added.
Tewari was responding to a question regarding BJP`s criticism that the government`s response to the brutal killings of two Indian jawans by Pakistani soldiers had been weak.
Tewari also said Pakistan should focus on its internal problems rather than increase tensions with India.
"What happened on the LoC is something which is most unfortunate because as we speak, apparently as of yesterday, in a series of serial bombings in Pakistan about 90 people died," Tewari said.
"In fact, Pakistan would be much better served if they were to focus on their internal contradictions, rather than unfortunately create a situation on LoC. And that`s why government`s response has been fairly hard," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi