BJP has no right to flay govt response to LoC situation: Tewari
New Delhi: Hitting out at BJP for criticising the government`s response to the current situation at the Line of Control, I & B Minister Manish Tewari on Friday said the opposition party had no right to do so considering its handling of the Kandahar plane hijack crisis.
"If you look at the manner in which the Pakistani High Commissioner was summoned, the very terse manner in which the matter was conveyed to him, the response of the Defence Minister and the External Affairs Minister speaks for itself in so far as how the government has taken it," Tewari told PTI.
"In so far as BJP is concerned, I don`t want to get into my earlier avatar but it hardly lies in the mouth of the people who were responsible for the shame of Kandahar to be accusing others of being weak-kneed on national security," he added.
Tewari was responding to a question regarding BJP`s criticism that the government`s response to the brutal killings of two Indian jawans by Pakistani soldiers had been weak.
Tewari also said Pakistan should focus on its internal problems rather than increase tensions with India.
"What happened on the LoC is something which is most unfortunate because as we speak, apparently as of yesterday, in a series of serial bombings in Pakistan about 90 people died," Tewari said.
"In fact, Pakistan would be much better served if they were to focus on their internal contradictions, rather than unfortunately create a situation on LoC. And that`s why government`s response has been fairly hard," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video