`BJP has nothing to rejoice about poll results`
Kolkata: AICC General Secretary Shakeel
Ahmed on Saturday said the BJP and the NDA should not rejoice at the
outcome of the Assembly poll results in five states.
"BJP and NDA have nothing to rejoice after seeing the
results of the just-concluded assembly polls in five states,"
Ahmed told reporters here.
The Congress, he said, had increased its seats in
Uttarakhand (32 from 21), Uttar Pradesh (28 from 22), Punjab
(46 from 44) and Manipur where BJP had not got a single seat.
BJP had lost seats in these states except Goa, he said.
In Uttarakhand, BJP lost three seats, four in Uttar
Pradesh and seven in Punjab, Ahmed said. "While BJP had
snatched Goa, Congress snatched Uttarakhand," he said.
Goa sends two MPs as compared to Uttarakhand`s five MPs
in Lok Sabha, the Congress general secretary said.
Ahmed said that the Samajwadi Party was supporting the
UPA government as well as Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read