`BJP has nothing to rejoice about poll results`
Kolkata: AICC General Secretary Shakeel
Ahmed on Saturday said the BJP and the NDA should not rejoice at the
outcome of the Assembly poll results in five states.
"BJP and NDA have nothing to rejoice after seeing the
results of the just-concluded assembly polls in five states,"
Ahmed told reporters here.
The Congress, he said, had increased its seats in
Uttarakhand (32 from 21), Uttar Pradesh (28 from 22), Punjab
(46 from 44) and Manipur where BJP had not got a single seat.
BJP had lost seats in these states except Goa, he said.
In Uttarakhand, BJP lost three seats, four in Uttar
Pradesh and seven in Punjab, Ahmed said. "While BJP had
snatched Goa, Congress snatched Uttarakhand," he said.
Goa sends two MPs as compared to Uttarakhand`s five MPs
in Lok Sabha, the Congress general secretary said.
Ahmed said that the Samajwadi Party was supporting the
UPA government as well as Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures