`BJP has nothing to rejoice about poll results`
Kolkata: AICC General Secretary Shakeel
Ahmed on Saturday said the BJP and the NDA should not rejoice at the
outcome of the Assembly poll results in five states.
"BJP and NDA have nothing to rejoice after seeing the
results of the just-concluded assembly polls in five states,"
Ahmed told reporters here.
The Congress, he said, had increased its seats in
Uttarakhand (32 from 21), Uttar Pradesh (28 from 22), Punjab
(46 from 44) and Manipur where BJP had not got a single seat.
BJP had lost seats in these states except Goa, he said.
In Uttarakhand, BJP lost three seats, four in Uttar
Pradesh and seven in Punjab, Ahmed said. "While BJP had
snatched Goa, Congress snatched Uttarakhand," he said.
Goa sends two MPs as compared to Uttarakhand`s five MPs
in Lok Sabha, the Congress general secretary said.
Ahmed said that the Samajwadi Party was supporting the
UPA government as well as Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah