BJP has PMs who lurk, PMs who sulk: Tewari
New Delhi: The BJP has "prime ministers in waiting, prime ministers in lurking and prime ministers who are sulking" which is reflective of intra-party warfare, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said here Friday.
The minister was taking potshots at the main opposition party a day after Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley launched an attack on the dual power arrangement model of the United Progressive Alliance government, saying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was unable to act, despite understanding the nation`s problems.
Tewari said he was surprised by that comment, which he termed a "bit of an oxymoron".
"Look at who is talking of divided power centres: If you look at the BJP, you have PMs in waiting, PMs in lurking, and PMs who are sulking and all sorts of other tendencies which are reflective of a tendency that can be characterised as intra-party warfare."
He added: "When someone in the BJP talks of dual power centres, it makes me feel like laughing, or at times, it makes me feel like crying."
Jaitley had said Thursday that "in a democracy, the leader must always have the last word. Unfortunately, in this government, the elected head does not have the last word".
He said: "The tragedy of the government is that it has always been caught in a three-legged race as there are two power centres."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions