BJP has succumbed to RSS threats: Digvijay
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday took pot-shots at BJP over announcing Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate, saying the party has succumbed to threats from the RSS and wondered if the Sangh could still call itself a "cultural organisation".
"BJP succumbs to threats of RSS and Ramdev and declare Modi as BJP`s PM candidate. Do we still call RSS as a Cultural Organisation?" Singh said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Modi was yesterday anointed as the PM candidate by the BJP after a go-ahead from the RSS. It ignored the opposition from party patriarch LK Advani to Modi`s elevation.
Another Congress General Secretary Shakeel Ahmad saw a larger conspiracy by BJP President Rajnath Singh in Modi`s elevation.
He wondered if the move is an attempt to sideline Advani and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, both of whom were contenders for the PM post till yesterday.
"Is Rajnath Ji with the help of RSS using Modi Ji to sideline Advani Ji & Sushma Ji for his own chance, when Modi Ji will be rejected in 2014?" Ahmad said on Twitter.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?