BJP hits back at Congress, DMK over new 2G controversies
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Saturday hit back at the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government and its chairperson Sonia Gandhi, over her remark that RP Singh`s revelations have exposed the BJP.
The BJP alleged that Gandhi`s statement and thereafter the demand for a discussion from DMK have exposed the government`s intension behind this controversy.
Reacting to Sonia`s comment, BJP spokesperson Rajeev Pratap Rudy said: "Even if we ignore what he (R P Singh) is saying for a while, is it not a fact that A Raja was sent to jail and there is a chargesheet filed against him, is it not a fact that the Prime Minister shack him from his office despite being a minister form a strong alliance partner, is it not a fact that the Supreme Court stuck down the licences, is it not a fact the CVC found corruption in 2G-spectrum allocation, it is not a fact that CBI has filed a charge sheet in the matter."
"The entire opposition is talking about it, there is Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) working on it, so all stress and the words of Soniaji and RP Singh are correct, how much the country will believe this," said Rudy.
Indicating toward a conspiracy on part of the Congress and R P Singh to divert the people`s attention form the corruption charges and FDI amid Winter Session of Parliament, Rudy asked the former auditor at CAG, RP Singh that why didn`t he speak out when he was in office since last two years.
"After all he was a government employ, a senior officer, he has protection of the President of India, he could have a whistleblower, but while in job he continue to do what he was supposed to do and after retirement he is speaking things which is being attributed," said Rudy.
Earlier on Friday, senior BJP leader and PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi had also said that the ``hurried`` statement of Sonia Gandhi attacking the BJP has only exposed the Congress Party.
"Those who advised her to make the statement stand exposed. RP Singh had raised the issue earlier too. Why did she not speak out then," Joshi said.
Yesterday, when a reporter asked Sonia Gandhi whether BJP had been exposed by the former CAG official`s comments, she said, "Yes, certainly I think so."
Giving a twist to the 2G allocation row, RP Singh has said that the report prepared by him contained no losses on account of 2G spectrum allocation and questioned CAG`s estimates of presumptive loss of Rs.1.76 lakh crore. Singh claimed that he had estimated a loss of only Rs 2645 crore and he had signed the report containing Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss on the orders of his superiors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested