BJP hits back at Digvijay Singh for slamming Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday hit back at Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for slamming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi earlier in the day.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said insecurity, hunger and corruption connote in one word, i.e. Congress - the ruling party at the Centre.
“These three things - insecurity, hunger and corruption - connote in one word `Congress`; why use three when one word is enough?” said Javadekar, while replying to Digvijay Singh’s criticism of Modi.
Digvijay Singh had this morning hit out at Modi for calling for a "Congress mukt Bharat".
Writing on Twitter, Singh said Modi had changed BJP`s slogan of `An India free of fear, hunger and corruption` to `An India free of Congress`.
"BJP earlier slogan BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT/ MODI`S SLOGAN - CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT (sic)," Singh tweeted.
"Now in Modi`s BJP BHAY BHOOK BRASHTACHAR MUKT BHARAT is no longer an issue . Would the BJP Think Tank or the Spokespersons pl respond?(sic)," he added.
"Isn`t Modi`s and now BJP`s slogan of CONGRESS MUKT BHARAT , FASCIST? Would all other non BJP Non Communal Political Parties pl respond?(sic)," the senior Congress leader said.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls