BJP hits back at Jairam, says Congress should look at their own `achievements`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday strongly reacted to the remarks made by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Narendra Modi, and said that instead of targetting the party`s prime ministerial candidate, the Congress Party should first look at their own `achievements`.
"It would be better if instead of Modi bashing you discuss about your achievements. What do you have in terms of achievements except for failures? As far as Modi`s chances after the elections are concerned, we do not expect any chances for the helpless Congress Party," he said.
In an exclusive interview to Reuters, Jairam Ramesh said that Modi`s career reminded him of the rise of the Third Reich, the strongest comments yet by a minister of his rank, on Tuesday.
Praising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s vision, Ramesh said that if Modi loses the upcoming polls, his political career would be doomed unlike Gandhi`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?