BJP hits back at Jairam, says Congress should look at their own `achievements`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday strongly reacted to the remarks made by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Narendra Modi, and said that instead of targetting the party`s prime ministerial candidate, the Congress Party should first look at their own `achievements`.
"It would be better if instead of Modi bashing you discuss about your achievements. What do you have in terms of achievements except for failures? As far as Modi`s chances after the elections are concerned, we do not expect any chances for the helpless Congress Party," he said.
In an exclusive interview to Reuters, Jairam Ramesh said that Modi`s career reminded him of the rise of the Third Reich, the strongest comments yet by a minister of his rank, on Tuesday.
Praising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s vision, Ramesh said that if Modi loses the upcoming polls, his political career would be doomed unlike Gandhi`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months