BJP hits back at Jairam, says Congress should look at their own `achievements`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday strongly reacted to the remarks made by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Narendra Modi, and said that instead of targetting the party`s prime ministerial candidate, the Congress Party should first look at their own `achievements`.
"It would be better if instead of Modi bashing you discuss about your achievements. What do you have in terms of achievements except for failures? As far as Modi`s chances after the elections are concerned, we do not expect any chances for the helpless Congress Party," he said.
In an exclusive interview to Reuters, Jairam Ramesh said that Modi`s career reminded him of the rise of the Third Reich, the strongest comments yet by a minister of his rank, on Tuesday.
Praising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s vision, Ramesh said that if Modi loses the upcoming polls, his political career would be doomed unlike Gandhi`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey