BJP hits back at Jairam, says Congress should look at their own `achievements`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday strongly reacted to the remarks made by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Narendra Modi, and said that instead of targetting the party`s prime ministerial candidate, the Congress Party should first look at their own `achievements`.
"It would be better if instead of Modi bashing you discuss about your achievements. What do you have in terms of achievements except for failures? As far as Modi`s chances after the elections are concerned, we do not expect any chances for the helpless Congress Party," he said.
In an exclusive interview to Reuters, Jairam Ramesh said that Modi`s career reminded him of the rise of the Third Reich, the strongest comments yet by a minister of his rank, on Tuesday.
Praising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s vision, Ramesh said that if Modi loses the upcoming polls, his political career would be doomed unlike Gandhi`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Man held with three bullets in Delhi Metro
- Pokemon Go now influencing baby names in US!
- Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Modi over price rise, says people are now chanting 'Arhar Modi' not 'Har Har Modi'
- Vasundhara Raje's helicopter makes emergency landing
- Turkey dismisses 88 foreign ministry staff: Foreign minister