BJP hits back at Jairam, says Congress should look at their own `achievements`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday strongly reacted to the remarks made by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Narendra Modi, and said that instead of targetting the party`s prime ministerial candidate, the Congress Party should first look at their own `achievements`.
"It would be better if instead of Modi bashing you discuss about your achievements. What do you have in terms of achievements except for failures? As far as Modi`s chances after the elections are concerned, we do not expect any chances for the helpless Congress Party," he said.
In an exclusive interview to Reuters, Jairam Ramesh said that Modi`s career reminded him of the rise of the Third Reich, the strongest comments yet by a minister of his rank, on Tuesday.
Praising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s vision, Ramesh said that if Modi loses the upcoming polls, his political career would be doomed unlike Gandhi`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation